About our Heart Testing Services
More than half of those with cardiovascular disorders are less than 60 years old, and circulatory diseases are a leading cause of death and permanent disability among workers (CDC). This is why it is important for employers to understand and recognize the risk factors, and schedule testing to detect issues before bigger problems occur. Incorporating heart testing and monitoring services into your employee wellness program can reduce the risk of heart disease in your workforce.
An electrocardiogram is a simple, painless test that evaluates potential heart disorders by measuring the heart’s electrical activity. It’s also known as an ECG, EKG, or cardiogram. This type of testing is typically performed for the following reasons:
- To determine the cause of unexplained chest pain or pressure. This could be caused by a heart attack, inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart (pericarditis), or angina.
- To evaluate possible symptoms of heart disease. Symptoms include shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, and heartbeats that are rapid and irregular (palpitations).
- To evaluate medication effectiveness to determine if they are causing side effects that adversely affect the heart.
- To monitor mechanical devices that are implanted in the heart, such as pacemakers, to ensure they are working effectively.
- To check the health of the heart when other diseases or conditions are present. These include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cigarette smoking, diabetes, and a family history of early heart disease
Contact us to learn more about our heart testing and monitoring services.
Book an Appointment
Booking a test is simple, complete the form below or give us a call at 1-866-944-HIRE (4473) to book an appointment.
Get in Touch
More Information? Require a Quote?
Find a location!
Find a location nearest to you.